Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jasmine Thai Restaurant

Jasmine Thai Restaurant
4825 E 96th St
Indianapolis, IN 46240
(317) 848-8950

Eric and I love our 20 minute lunch dates. They don't happen very often, but they are among my most treasured times together. We drive around looking for "hole-in-the wall" places. On our way home from sending Josh off, we discovered the Jasmine Thai Restaurant. This was the kind of place you think only exists in a romantic movie. It was so peaceful and quiet, the sunshine came in beautifully through the lacy curtains without glaring and was such a simple pleasure to bask in.
The owner greeted us and seated us. As we ate our lunch, we listened to his conversation with another couple. It reminded me of an old fashioned diner were conversation was not considered an out of date old word lost among the younger generation. Eric and I enjoyed ease dropping and he was so pleasant to listen to, we hardly had much conversation between the two of us. I was in love with the fabrics on the tables and ornate tapestries that hung on the walls. It was simply beautiful. I felt so welcomed that as we were waiting for our food I began to pray silently for the owner, the business, thanksgiving for my husband and many other persons on my mind. I snapped a couple of pictures, embarrassing my poor husband, because I wanted to have something for my future "The Adventures of Eric and Jean" scrapbook.
The food was so good I can't even do it justice with description.
If you are ever in the neighborhood, please don't miss a chance to stop in.






Jasmine Thai Restaurant
4825 E 96th St
Indianapolis, IN 46240
(317) 848-8950

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a hilarious picture of Eric! He just looks thrilled at having his picture taken!

Diane said...

Yes I'll have to agree, Eric looks thrilled. Glad you had fun!

You guys should try the little restaurant in West Lafayette by the Silver Dipper. I think it is called O-ishi, it is a fun place. Caleb likes it too because they have noodles. You cook your own food in a broth like a fondue pot. You can put it over noodles or rice.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones