Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

James 1:2-6

I have been reading "Don't Make Me Count to Three" during my parenting quiet times. I came across a very convicting reality.
As the caretaker of His children, it is my job to use EVERY opportunity to instruct them in His ways and keep there heart tender for the Holy Spirit.
I have taken up the challenge of conviction to change my heart and especially my mind, from anger and frustration to joy and patience during times of instruction/discipline. I have realized that the Lord provides plenty of opportunities to train them and share His Word. It is my own laziness and sin that prevent me from doing what I know I should be doing. No this not a full proof "get perfect children" plan, but it is a righteous plan because it's not MY plan. It is the plan already laid before me and I fully equipped to handle my little blessings, if I utilize what I have been given.

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
James 1:2-6

It is a daunting task to raise His children, both blessing and bewildering.
It is also a refining fire to which many things are revealed.
What a gracious Father to give the gift of wisdom when I sway from His ways.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I read that book and enjoyed it a few years ago. Looks like I should look through it again!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones