Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Try, Try Again

So I learned a little lesson about pride....
If you remember the post about the little apron I sewed, I was quite proud of myself. With my newfound confidence I decided to make Mother's Day gifts this year. I went to my favorite place for some inspiration, my artsy-crafty-babe friend Beki. She makes the most beautiful bags.
I got this material for just $1 a yard and was so in love with it. I immediately thought of my Mom in Texas. I knew it would be perfect! With grand ideas in my head of creating something I set to work.

(SIGH)
Today I completed my first ever, tote bag. I'm less than thrilled to say the least.




I have since learned a little lesson in humility. I have also gained a GREAT respect for Beki. Even if I never meet her, I consider myself blessed to have known her.

I've heard somewhere that if you fall of the horse you should get back on. So instead of feeling disappointed, (sigh), I'm going to pack up the sewing machine for today and look at this as a learning experience. I'm headed to Hobby Lobby tonight to find a pattern and I'll try again.
I'd like to make a church bag for my Mom for Mother's Day. (There goes the surprise). :-)

So for tonight I'll party like a rock-star (or at least pretend) with Kathryn and Anna, drown my disappointment in laughter and pick it up again tomorrow during naptime.

Oh, did I forget to mention I'm having a SLUMBER PARTY!!!!
Life should be fun and I plan on having lots of it!

3 comments:

Aubs said...

I wouldn't have been able to even get a finished product at all! I think you did a great job but I do know how hard it can be to not let the frustration get you down....I admire you for the fact that you can sew at all!! I struggle to sew simple patches on Colby's AWANA vest!! =) Enjoy your slumber party...FUN!!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks just fine. I believe anything you make for your mom will be appreciated since it comes made by your hands and with love from your heart! ~mom B.

Rebecca said...

This is when pictures don't really do it justice, because I can't see anything at all wrong with that tote bag and can't imagine why you'd be frustrated with it! I think it was incredibly thoughtful.

Oh.

One other thing. When I started to sew...hehehe. Let's just say I laugh tears out of my eyes when I look at my first projects (and they weren't all that long ago!) Now, I still have a ways to go but honestly, truly-the more you do, the better you get. I wouldn't lie to ya. Promise.

PS. I never did comment on it, and this post reminded me because of the reference to ArtsyCraftyBabe (or Mama, or whatever!) but that button necklace ROCKED. And-now that I have a personality to go with the name-I just know the recipient thought it did too. It was TOTALLY her!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones