Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Look what I can do!

Our 10 year High School Reunion is fast approaching and with all the phone calls and planning I have buried myself in the office. Mom, very graciously, took all the kids on Friday so that I could finish the invitations. Krista did wonderfully, or so I was told. I'm sure Grandma slept good that night :-). I missed Krista dearly, but was thankful to finally get the last piece of the puzzle in place. :-)



Here's what I did:



With five inserts: dinner invite, family picnic, additional information, RSVP card and return envelope; I needed to come up with something creative.



When I tallied up the final cost was $1.02 per invitation including postage.
Can you believe it?????
Anyway, I'm pretty proud of myself, (pat on the back). I'm really surprised at how well they came out. Really I enjoyed doing it and tweaking it until it was just right.
My most treasured compliment came from Eric.
He was genuinely impressed, (which he doesn't often express), and he did so TWICE.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did sleep great last night, but that was because dad was back with me!! :-) Krista did do wonderfully, and I look forward to the next time that I spend the day with all three. Love, mom

Aubs said...

Great job Jean Marie!! Where are you guys having all the festivities?? I'm already looking forward to my 10 year...it will be so fun to see everyone again and hear everyone's life stories from the last 10 years!!

Full of Grace said...

You did a great job on those invitations- they look very professional!

Rebecca said...

I know how much work this reunion has been for you-I am sure you are RELIEVED that it is in it's homestretch now.

Those invites look amazing. Really professional and stylish. I can't even imagine how many you made!

You ought to be really proud of all your hard work.

Jean Marie Bibby said...

AUB,
We are doing a family picnic in the park at noon. Since our budget is less than nothing, we are just going to have dinner. There is a fun little question sheet to fill out during dinner. With all the summer activities around the area (Gruene Hall and other live music) we figured those who wanted to go home could go home and those who wanted to go out could all go out.

Jean Marie Bibby said...

REBECCA,

I actually only made 38, so it wasn't so bad. I enjoyed it and it saves money :-) and that always brings a smile to my face :-).

Maybe I'll go into business.....HA! Maybe not, instead I'll just make them for friends and lend helping hands when needed.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones