Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Prayer Request

Eric and I have been thinking of ways to bring in more income in order to tie up loose ends in our financial book. We would also like to do s0me basic remodeling in our bathroom to make it accessible from our bedroom. There is always the cost of Luke's schooling and Kayla will be attending preschool next year which will be an additional cost to us. Anyway- we were thinking of taking in another child for daycare come January. Then, this morning I was thinking about speaking with Luke's preschool teacher about being an aide. I set the thought aside as I got everyone ready and we rushed out the door for the day's activities.

I spent the day with Luke and his class this morning. Mom graciously took the girls for me, what would I do without her?! We had an exciting day, celebrating birthday-day with a birthday party and lots of playing and learning. Exciting for me, I got to sit though the morning classroom routine. I was overwhelmed with the way Luke's teacher, Stacey, handled the children. She even had the neighboring class, whose teacher went home sick today. She handled all the children with a firm hand, yet with the same gentleness I often show my own children. At one point I was so touched I had to wipe away the tears of thanksgiving for the woman God has blessed us with to help educate my son. I was ever so thankful she was engaged with the kids so as not to see such an emotional Mama. It was about half way through the morning when the director, who is also a marvel of a woman, came around the corner. She and Stacey made "teacher talk" and then the conversation turned to me, she asked me if I was interested in a job. I was stunned for a second and taken a back since I had forgotten my previous thoughts on the very subject earlier in the morning.

In that moment I was struck just how perfect my Heavenly Father orchestrates my life.

So if you think of me this weekend, please pray for me as I have my meeting on Monday morning to get more details on this opportunity.

1 comment:

Erin Burns said...

Consider it done! Best of Luck. He always opens a window :)

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones