Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's the simple things

When the telephone rang I thought it was just another everyday phone call.
I was glad to hear my husband's voice on the other end,
"I just wanted to call....
....to tell you I had a nice time with you at dinner last night."

Just a simple thought put into words that made a great impact.

I have been on a high since that phone call this morning.
Not only that, but I've found myself thinking - what can I do for him today?

Simply knowing he was thinking of me while at work, made my heart skip a beat.
What does a wife want? To be thought of, to be wanted and loved.
Today, I want for nothing and feel I can do anything!

... For your love is better than wine
Song of Solomon 1:2

4 comments:

Aubs said...

It truly is the little things!! What a special man God has blessed with you with! Thanks for sharing!!

April said...

That is so sweet and you are completely right...little things make all the difference. Today is my 19th wedding anniversary. My hubby and I cooked steaks at home last night for us and our daughters. He had to leave at 5:30AM this morning to catch a flight. I miss him so much! Not long after he left, he sent me a text message which read, "April, I love you and miss you already." That simple gesture made my entire day!! Looks like we're both pretty lucky, huh?

Enjoy the rest of your day! I stumbled on your blog and can't even remember how I got here! :)

Full of Grace said...

I echo your sentiment- I am all giddy when my husband sends me an unexpected text, or anytime I answer the phone and hear his voice! Isn't it wonderful to be in love with the man that you are married to? Marriage is a partnership and takes work, but it is so worth it!!!

Erin Burns said...

That is so sweet! What a nice husband. We all need to do things like that more for each other. the "love" they bring goes SO FAR!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones