Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Another Year

Oh, what's another year?
Yes, it happened, I had a birthday on Sunday, the big 29. Look out!
My birthday was celebrated before Sunday with great gifts full of love.
Flowers arrived via UPS and still adorn my kitchen table even though they are slightly discolored. I just can't bring myself to pitch them just yet. Thank you DeLaney's.
'Mom and Dad' provided a much needed shopping trip for some new work clothes. 'Mom' and I headed to the mall and our favorite store. It's quite a scene to see us both with arms of clothes and running from rack to rack "Oooh how about this? I love that! You need a ..." My throat was a little scratchy the next day from non-stop conversation. How precious un-interrupted conversations have become. Thanks, Mom and Dad.
There were many birthday wishes, cards and gifts that I can honestly say made me feel extra special.
Eric gave me the best gift. A day of nothing. He got the kids ready for church, minus the girl's hair :-). Took care of them during church so I could hear the sermon in its entirety. He made me an awesome lunch of salmon, rice pilaf and veggie's, after he put the kids down for a nap.
I was shocked at his thoughtfullness and courage to tackle an art project with the kids- while I was away at Women's Retreat!
Every year I think, 'wow that was an awesome birthday'. I am again reminded of the grace and mercy my Lord has shown me, so much more than I deserve.
Thank you to my family and my friends for a wonderful birthday!




3 comments:

Erin Burns said...

Happy Birthday! LOVE that handprint art project of all the kids hands. So thoughtful.

Unknown said...

That's so funny....I as well just spent time shopping for me for my birthday with my mother! It has been quite some time since 1. I went to the store with out having one or both kids 2. I went shopping with my mom 3. since I went shopping for myself! Glad you had such a nice time shopping too!

Danielle said...

That does sound like a wonderful day!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones