Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Joyful Medicine

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22


With four sick kids over the past two weeks I have been stressed to almost my breaking point.
I have been amazed at how my Lord has not only, sustained me through this week, but also how He has renewed my heart. I have found joy in serving my husband and ministering to my children.
There are weeks when I let circumstances of unimportance dictate my mood. I have been short with my husband and probably should have had my backside kicked a couple of times. I have been irritated by the endless needs of my children. I have been unfaithful and closed-hearted to my Father's words of wisdom.
I have just been unhappy with the load upon my shoulders, unwilling to bear it.
I came across the verse in Proverbs 17:22, bowed my head and cried until I felt better. I went into in kitchen, put on my favorite apron and did the dishes.
Everything has purpose. Every task, every word, every thought. I found that when I changed my thoughts, it changed my heart. When I changed my heart, it changed my thoughts. When I stopped trying to do it myself and let the Lord speak, HE changed my actions.
I have been longing for encouragement from my husband. Trying so hard to make him give it to me, that I lost sight of what he DOES for me rather than what he SAYS to me.
When I was finally able to joyfully serve him (though not without some faltering), rather than manipulating him- he freely shared his thoughts with me. One little comment was enough to make me blush three shades yesterday!

With so much sickness, I am thankful for the medicine that comes from my Father for my soul. And dreaming of warm summer days doesn't hurt either! :-)

No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones