Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Am I content?

Am I content? I ask myself.
A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.
Prov 14:30, ESV

I am reminded of my Creator seasonally here in Indiana.

To watch Him bring life from a dead ground in Spring time,
is like renewal of the soul when we give and re-give ourselves to His purposes.

The summer sun brings warmth to our tired bodies,
wearied by the year long tasks of school and coldness of the past winter.

His wonderment is on display for the world during the changing of leaves in the Fall.
The perfection in blending of the colors as only He could do- what a gift to share with us!

Today, I'm amazed at His holiness,
not only remind by the pure white snow that covers all that is brown and barren,
but also by the ability to create so many things at once.
For each snowflake that falls is a tiny handcrafted piece-
just as the stars in the sky and the hairs on my head-
quite overwhelming to ponder.

I love Indiana.

Yet, am I content?
I would answer yes until I thumb through "friendly" blogs of the beach
or see a country music video of a willow tree in the warm sunset.

Am I content?
Yes.
I will dream of my treasured Indiana summer and
still enjoy the beauty of the snow falling outside for the time being.



1 comment:

Full of Grace said...

Lovely Post..Happy to see you back posting on your blog..Your family looks lively and beautiful :)

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones