Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Kaitlyn's Way

A man’s steps are from the LORD;
how then can man understand his way?
Proverbs 20:4


I have had so many of you ask how we learned of Kaitlyn....

I was at a teacher's meeting Monday night, November 9th, and when I arrived home, Eric was waiting in the kitchen with the question:
"How would you feel about having another daughter?"

Kaitlyn has been living with her Aunt Debbie and my Uncle Jason. (Debbie's sister is Kaitlyn's mom). She has made some bad choices that have led her down another path of destruction. Kaitlyn has been in their care before and they picked her up again October 25th. They love Kaitlyn and in the following weeks after picking her up, they evaluated if they should be the ones to care for Kaitlyn long term. Their youngest is sixteen and they have recently become grandparents, thus beginning a new stage in life. I could not tell you how or why they dialed our phone number that night, it is a story for Aunt Debbie to tell, but I am so thankful they did.

Sometimes we question the providence of the Lord. Why did He give this child to "mom" to begin with? Then the answer simplifies the question, Because He uses all things for His Honor and Glory. Honestly, I cannot imagine an event in our lives that He has used to touch so many hearts.

Today, as I post this, I have two blue eyed girls snuggled on my right. How funny that my left side has been left empty this morning as I end this post and begin to pray for my brown eyed girl.

2 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Thank you for sharing Kaitlyn's story with us- I really enjoyed reading it :) Glad all is going so perfectly!!!

Aubs said...

Wow Jean! I love it! God just never ceases to amaze me! Kaitlyn is PRECIOUS...can't wait to see pictures of your family ALL together!!! Praying for you guys!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones