Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Family Worship

Proverbs 7:2-4
Keep my commandments and live;
keep my teaching as the apple of your eye;
bind them on your fingers;
write them on the tablet of your heart.

I was so thankful to have Grandpa catch this picture. It is a familiar scene after dinner. The older two kids both wanting to be in Daddy's lap during family worship. One of my favorite 'memory' pictures, now captured forever. Thanks Grandpa!

3 comments:

Greg Mier said...

What a beautiful representation of what is written in Deuteronomy 6:5-7. "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."

I know after talking to Eric of how much he uses care and diligence in instructing his children in the knowledge of God, and of his commandments; that they are to love him, fear him, serve, and worship him.

Oh, another scripture that comes to mind is Ephesians 6:4 "Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord"

At such young age, I see that training and instruction. I need to shout something out - GOD YOU ARE SO GOOD!!

Thank you Lord for blessing me with such a wonderful daughter, son-in-law and three amazing grand children. I am so blessed!

Love ya!
- Greg

Anonymous said...

Squeaks... I am thankful to be able to capture the precious moment of raising children in the Fear of the Lord!

Love,

A Thankful Dad and Grandpa...

Anonymous said...

Jean, this picture is just amazing. As the weeks of my pregnancy seem to be flying by, I'm now 29wk and a couple of days, I pray that my family will be as amazing as yours. I love reading all the little things that go on in your lives. I look for role models to live my life by, and people that I have seen raise their children in the way of the Lord and it's breath taking to witness it through pictures of yours. I pray God's blessing for you, your amazing husband, and your precious children.

Love ya,
Carrie

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones