Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Family Saturday

This was the first Saturday in months we didn't make plans. Eric and I frantically searched through our calendars to be sure we didn't miss something :-).
Luke has been begging for Daddy to make French Toast, so we had a wonderful French toast breakfast that morning.
It started to rain so the kids played in the rain for a little while.



As soon as it stopped, Daddy got out the chainsaw....






At first I was opposed to the cutting down of my favorite Birch, but after seeing the destruction it was doing to the driveway and walkway, I gave in.
Now that it's gone, I can't believe I didn't nag Eric to take it down sooner.
The difference is remarkable..... and even better,
I have a whole new space to add plants and flowers!
This new and exciting project will have to wait until next Spring,
the gardening budget needs to do some of its own "growing." :-)

I just ran outside and took the 'after' picture at 9 pm.
You get the jist of tree/no tree.
Before:
After:
Eric said in the fall he wants to take down the bushes and pine tree on the left.
I can't wait! He's even picked out a couple of flowering plants that I am just giddy about!
I love my MAN!



No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones