Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Yay for April!

We've had some cold rainy days, but for those few days of glorious sunshine,
we've been doing this...

Pine cone bird feeders

Indoor picnic before heading outside for play time
(it was too windy for eating outside)

Planting some new perennials
Even Krista was big enough this year to have her own shovel.

It is such a joy of mine to see my children learn appreciation for gardening.
It seems the easiest opportunity to teach them about our Lord. I was thrilled to hear Luke teaching his sisters about "how God makes the plants grow with His sunshine." It is such an awesome opportunity to teach them not only about creation, to be good stewards of it, but it also gives me the perfect opportunity to teach them why God made the flowers pretty.
Sharing with my children about His love, grace and mercy. For me, it seems that this Spring will bring more that just new flowers, but new opportunities for me to train and instruct His children.


2 comments:

Danielle said...

Looks like fun!

Erin Burns said...

Love this post. I also love to garden with my kids for many of the same reasons. Also - b/c I love watching the kids in their element getting dirty and having fun!

Love "Miss Spider" on the TV...she is one of our favorites too.

Happy Easter! HE IS RISEN INDEED!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones