Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Instruction and Discipline

Psalm 119:33-35

Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees;
then I will keep them to the end.

Give me understanding, and I will keep your law
and obey it with all my heart.

Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight

It has been a rough couple of days for me. With the passing of my Grandmother, I have found myself angry with my Heavenly Father. It has been a struggle for me to understand His reasoning for closing all doors for us to return to Texas for her funeral. Despite my arrogance, He has patient and loving with me, His daughter.
It was during a time of disciplining Luke that I felt my eyes open and my heart soften.
Am I not a mirror image of my son and his rebellion against our direction for what's best for him?!
I was just such a child throwing a fit and crying out to my Father,
"Why... It's not fair.... I'm not happy with you."
I don't need to know why.
I don't need to understand and I certainly don't need to rebel against my Father's goodness and better understanding for the right direction in my life.
I have learned a hard lesson, and with that lesson has come punishment, just as in our parenting with Luke.
It has been a hard lesson to learn, which will not be soon forgotten, but a most joyous revelation to come into.

Thy will not my will,
praise and glory for a Father who loves me.

No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones