Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tis the Season for ....

Tis the season for... giving.
This is the phrase that has been on the forefront of my mind as I hung the ornaments, lights and Christmas decorations in jolly excitedness for this Christmas (more on that later).
When I think of giving, usually the first thing that pops into my head is gifts. The more I began to think on the gifts I wanted to purchase for my family for Christmas, the more the Lord weighted my heart.
I started to run down the list of toys and dolls then stopped and switched to thoughts of what they needed; clothes, shoes and that list went on. I again felt the Lord's hand on my heart.

I prayed for wisdom as I felt my thoughts turning to another direction, toward their hearts.

My list for the kids:
Love
Patience
Fun
Kindness
Words of Wisdom
Biblical Discipline
Hugs
Kisses
Cuddles

My list for Josh:
Love
Patience
Words of Wisdom
Biblical Discipline
One on One Time Spent in things that make my heart glad (cooking)

My list for Eric:
Love
Patience
Fun
Kindness
Words of Wisdom
Service with a loving heart
Hugs
Kisses


When I sat and thought about what I really WANTED to give my family this year, it ended up being me.
The gift of me, not the busy me, but the Godly wife and mother I know He can help me to be.
The more I sat and thought the more excited I got! What a glorious God to give me such opportunity to see His desire for me and fuel me with His passion!

Search your heart,
What could you really give your family?

Ephesians 4:2

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.


1 comment:

Greg Mier said...

Thank you for blessing my heart!
God is soooo good! Sharing His love is the best we could give or receive! The simplicity of what He gives, it is children of His, like you that give Him the glory only He deserves. Thank you for taking time to hear His voice and share what He puts on your heart.
I love you!
TX Mom

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones