Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Early Mother's Day

Friday Grandma and I took off (while Eric & Grandpa were on kid duty)! :-)
We took our first trip to Fort Wayne for the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale.
Boy was that an ADVENTURE! The first hour and a half we just wandered around in utter amazement/stupidity. We heard stories and thought we were prepared! HA!
I ended up getting my hand smacked once! Women + bargains = CRAZINESS!
On a more positive note, there was one woman there who gave up her bag so that I could have the print I wanted.
We had so much fun!
We went up on Friday morning, stayed in a hotel that night and spent Saturday shopping at one of local malls. We ate all our meals out (SO nice to be waited on). It was a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants, (but with enough organization to suit these engineer's wives). :-)
We tossed up the idea of taking or leaving Krista for a couple of weeks and finally decided to take her. I can't believe I actually thought about leaving her. SHE WAS SO MUCH FUN!
Grandma and I really enjoyed her. I found JOY in being with my youngest. It was precious time that I haven't had since she was born.




Not only did I count my time precious with Krista, but with Mom as well. It was a much needed girl's get-a-way. We had such a good time we're going to make it an annual event. There is nothing like the relationship I have with my husband's mother. I look forward to honoring her this Mother's Day and can hardly wait to give her her gifts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It doesn't surprise me that you got your hand smacked. The women around here are crazy about sales, you should see them at the garage sales! Wow! Anyway, so glad you had such a nice time. I so wish I could have been here to meet up with you guys. Was it the Glenbrook mall you went to! It's really nice and so big! Yes, truly be so thankful for your mother-in-law. I used to be able to be able to say that. But at least I have the most wonderful mother who makes up for the lack of a mother-in-law. By the way, did you get my email about the dates you sent for the zoo?

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones